Tafelmusik is committed to respecting the personal information of all Tafelmusik patrons, members, volunteers, staff, board of directors, web-users and other stakeholders. In order to protect the privacy of our patrons, members and supporters, Tafelmusik has the following policies:
1. Defining Personal Information
Personal information is any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact a specific individual. This information can include an individual’s opinions or beliefs, as well as facts about, or related to, the individual.
Exceptions: business contact information and certain publicly available information, such as names, addresses and telephone numbers as published in telephone directories, are not considered personal information.
2. Collection of Information
- Tafelmusik collects personal information (such as address or ticket history) only from ticket-buyers, members, donors and others who have actively shown or are likely to show at interest in the organization.
- Individuals will be informed about the purposes for which their information will be used.
- Composite tallies of website page views, search terms, and other traffic information useful for improving the design and content of our site. This composite information does not identify individual website users.
- Our website utilizes cookies to collect information about how our website is used. Cookies are a feature of web browser software that allows web servers to recognize the computer used to access a website. Cookies are files stored by a user’s web browser on the user’s hard drive. Cookies remember what information a user accesses on a given web page to simplify subsequent interactions with that specific site by the same user. Information is collected on an aggregate basis; none of the information is associated with you as an individual.
3. Storage of Information
- Personal information is stored in our database(s) and in hard copy files. Only authorized Tafelmusik personnel have access to this information.
- Personal information that is no longer required to fulfill the stated purpose < will be destroyed or made anonymous.
4. Use of Information
Tafelmusik uses personal information to better serve our patrons and to expand our community. Primarily, this includes:
- Mailings (by post or electronic) and phone calls to provide information about tickets, memberships and donations
- Mailings (by post or electronic) and phone calls to thank supporters and issue tax receipts
- Mailings (by post or electronic) and phone calls to invite members and supporters to special events
- Mailings (by post or electronic) and phone calls to sell subscriptions, tickets and solicit donations
Tafelmusik is committed to using personal information in a respectful and useful way. Patrons, members and supporters will receive information that we believe will be in their interest. Tafelmusik will also commit itself to making sure patrons, members and donors do not receive more than a reasonable number of letters or phone calls.
If an individual requests that their personal information not be used for one of these purposes as noted above, or for any other purpose, that request will be honoured. The individual’s account will be updated accordingly.
5. Disclosure of Information
Tafelmusik never discloses the personal information of subscribers or donors to any third party. Occasionally, we exchange lists of names and addresses of single ticket buyers with other like-minded arts organizations.
This exchange happens only through a third party data and mailing service organization, so that neither organization has access to the personal information. The contracted third party must comply with strict data privacy standards, including rules and guidelines of federal privacy legislation, and is required to destroy the information supplied after one use.
Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the Privacy Act at Tafelmusik may be directed to:
Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra and Chamber Choir
427 Bloor Street West Toronto, ON M5S 1X7
1 (833) 964-6337 or firstname.lastname@example.org