Join the team of one of Canada’s most high-profile and innovative musical ensembles.
Tafelmusik is seeking an energetic, experienced, and collaborative individual to join our Audience Services team, which services patrons for Tafelmusik and Toronto Consort out of our home at Trinity-St. Paul’s Centre in the Annex, as well as the digital concert hall.
Reporting to the Audience Services Manager, the ideal candidate will be looking to grow their skills in customer service and sales and will have a proven track-record in box office and customer service for a performing arts organization. The successful candidate will have a flair for interpersonal relations, be creative, highly organized, and accountable. A flexible schedule and evening hours will be required. While our team continues to work remotely, a certain amount of time in the Tafelmusik office will be required.
- Create welcoming interactions, with high standards of customer service, as part of the frontline of patron experience at Tafelmusik
- Respond to phone, email, and in-person queries, knowledgeable about all aspects of the season (subscription packages, digital pass, donor events, concerts and single tickets, merchandise) and the organization as a whole
- Upselling where possible for Tafelmusik and Toronto Consort performances and events
- Work closely with the Audience Services Manager to resolve patron complaints and challenges
- Assist with contribution processing and tax receipt deployment by email and standard mail
- Assist with donation renewal processing
- Work closely with the Development Manager on donor needs and communications
- Assist with Tafelmusik and Toronto Consort box office concert duty as assigned (walk up sales, will call tickets, other concert-night duties)
- Pro-active communication of ideas to Audience Services, Development and Marketing teams for improvement of the customer experience
- Work collaboratively with other members of the organization to maintain a coordinated approach to the Tafelmusik customer experience
- Flexibility to shift focus as required with changing priorities and support team members to achieve objectives
- Ensure that patron data is entered accurately and consistently, and provide recommendations on best practices
- Other duties as notified by the Audience Services Manager
- Demonstrated track record in box office and customer service or hospitality in a professional performing arts venue, with a minimum of 1 year experience
- Experience in Tessitura database, including constituent data, ticket orders, merging, and basic box office reports considered an asset
- Highly detailed oriented, with the ability to course correct as required
- Clear, friendly, and direct communication skills
- An understanding of and sensitivity to the cultural, socio-economic, disability, and gender diversity of audience members, donors, community partners, staff, artists, and volunteers attending or working with Tafelmusik
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to recognize and find solutions to patron issues and concerns
- Experience with accommodating special needs
- Skilled in Microsoft Office with expertise in Excel
- Flexible availability, including evening and weekend hours
- Languages spoken other than English considered an asset
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a salaried, part-time position, currently based on an approximate average of 20 hours (2-3 shifts) per week as scheduled by the Audience Services Manager. Most shifts will be 9am-5pm, with evening and weekend shifts for concerts scheduled as required. A complete season schedule with required dates will be provided during the application process. While the Tafelmusik team continues to work remotely, this position will require in-person availability.
The compensation range for Coordinator and Customer Service Representative positions at Tafelmusik is between $40,000 and $50,000 (pro-rated to between $20,000 and $25,000 for 20 hours per week for this position) depending on qualifications and experience and is competitive with prevailing compensation for similar positions within the not-for-profit performing arts industry. Benefits include vacation pay, sick leave, and personal time, and a retirement program that activates after 3 years with the organization. Please note that Tafelmusik does not currently offer medical benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your cover letter (including how you heard about the position) and resume to Giulia Mandel, Director of Audience Services and Engagement, at email@example.com with the subject: “Customer Service Representative Posting.”
Application deadline: March 1, 2023
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Tafelmusik is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all employees.