Join the team of one of Canada’s most high-profile and innovative musical ensembles.
Tafelmusik is seeking an energetic, experienced, and collaborative individual to join our Audience Services team, which services patrons for Tafelmusik and Toronto Consort out of our home at Trinity-St. Paul’s Centre in the Annex, as well as the digital concert hall.
Reporting to the Audience Services Manager, the ideal candidate will have a proven track-record in box office and customer service for a performing arts organization. The successful candidate will be creative, highly organized and accountable. A flexible schedule and evening hours will be required. While our team continues to work remotely, certain amount of time in the Tafelmusik office to complete office
duties will be required.
- Create welcoming interactions, with high standards of customer service, as part of the frontline of patron experience at Tafelmusik
- Primary phone, email, and in-person sales representative, knowledgeable about all aspects of the season (subscription packages, digital pass, donor events, concerts and single tickets, merchandise) and the organization as a whole
- Upselling where possible for Tafelmusik and Toronto Consort performances and events
- Upload survey data into Tessitura (database) and respond to feedback in a prompt, professional manner
- Work closely with the Audience Services Manager to resolve patron complaints and challenges
- Act as understudy to the Audience Services Manager in duties related to season, subscription and performance set up, promo codes, discounts, rollovers and seating assignments
- Responsible for contribution processing and tax receipt deployment by email and standard mail
- Responsible for donation renewal processing
- Work closely with the Development Manager on donor needs and communications
- Work closely with the Marketing Coordinator on email deliverability and resolving email communication challenges in compliance with CASL
- Assist with Tafelmusik and Toronto Consort box office concert duty as assigned (walk up sales, will call tickets)
- Pro-active communication of ideas to Audience Services, Development and Marketing teams for improvement of the customer experience
- Work collaboratively with other members of the organization to maintain a coordinated approach to the Tafelmusik customer experience
- Flexibility to shift focus as required with changing priorities and support team members to achieve objectives
- Ensure that patron data is entered accurately and consistently, and provide recommendations on best practices
- Maintain inventory of printing and other office supplies
- Monitor the reception email and forward messages to appropriate parties as required
- Check mailboxes, sort, and direct mails to staff/musicians; send mail/packages; monitor postage machine usage
- Assist with phone system including set up of extension numbers & voicemail
- Other duties as notified by the Associate Director of Audience Services
- Demonstrated track record in box office and customer service in a professional performing
- arts venue, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Experience in Tessitura database, including constituent data, ticket orders, merging, and basic box office reports considered an asset
- Highly detailed oriented, with the ability to course correct as required
- Clear and direct communication skills
- An understanding of and sensitivity to the cultural, socio-economic, disability, and gender diversity of audience members, donors, community partners, staff, artists, and volunteers attending or working with Tafelmusik
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to recognize and find solutions to patron issues and concerns
- Experience with accommodating special needs
- Skilled at Microsoft Office with expertise in Excel
- Flexible availability, including evening and weekend hours
- Languages spoken other than English considered an asset
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a permanent, part-time position, currently based on 32 hours per week (4 days). Please note that while our team continues to work remotely, some in-office, evening and weekend work will be required.
The compensation range for Coordinator positions at Tafelmusik is between $40,000 and $55,000 (pro-rated to 4 days per week for this position) depending on qualifications and experience and is competitive with prevailing compensation for similar positions within the not-for-profit performing arts industry. Benefits include vacation pay, sick leave, and personal time, and a retirement program that activates after 3 years with the organization. Please note that Tafelmusik does not currently offer medical benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your cover letter (including how you heard about the position), salary requirements, and resume to Giulia Mandel, Associate Director of Audience Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “Audience Services Coordinator Posting.”
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Application deadline: May 25, 2022.
Tafelmusik is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all employees.
Tafelmusik is an orchestra, choir, and experience that celebrates beauty through music of the past.
Through dynamic performances, international touring, award-winning recordings, and comprehensive education programs, Tafelmusik invites audiences to engage with beauty and experience the breadth of emotion music can inspire.
Founded over 40 years ago on the pillars of passion, learning, and artistic excellence, Tafelmusik continues to bring new energy to baroque music and beyond. Historically informed performances of 17th- to 19th-century instrumental and choral music share the stage with vibrant, insightful multimedia programs, and bold new music written just for the group. Each piece is played on period instruments, underscored and illuminated by scholarship.
Tafelmusik is a Canadian charitable organization whose resources are used entirely to advance the education of music of the past. We rely on donations from our community to make our activities possible.